Website of Philip Andrew
business card front and business card back
A software developer with over 20 years of experience having worked in Australia, USA, UK and currently a (PR) resident of Hong Kong. Enjoy continuous learning about I.T.
StackOverflow top 0.44% (as of 14th Nov 2019), Twitter,
I provide I.T. consulting advice and software development/programming services.
Recently obtained certifications. These are mostly just to "prove" experience. (I've experienced more than the certifications).
Microsoft achievements and Credential.net and Youracclaim
or as below
Docker Certified Associate
Diary related to I.T.
IBM Digital Developer Conference online only, Asia Nov 23rd
22-10-2019 Consensys: Congratulations! You have been selected as a scholarship recipient for the Blockchain Developer Bootcamp (course normally $985 USD)
18-8-2019 Tezos Blockstars: Congratulations - you passed! We are so pleased to be able to offer you a seat on the Tezos Blockstars programme!
How would I want to program an application now-days
Option 1 (for fun): Quarkus as the container, Idris language compiled to JVM running inside Quarkus
Currently learning the following
Products I would buy
- A new web browser
- A new programming language
- A way to do computer programming using Augmented Reality
Interesting JVM libraries
Interesting Scala libraries
Seed build tool for Scala
NeoTypes: Scala lightweight, type-safe, asynchronous driver for neo4j
Libraries for the secret project
Trying to obtain Certifications
Studying for the following certifications now, at this moment.
Maybe will study in the future
- Postgresql certificiation
- Atlassian certifications
- Alibaba cloud
- Red hat certifications
- Other lightbend courses
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional
- Lightbend Reactive Architecture: Foundations Designing cloud-native systems and microservices requires architects and teams to think differently. The Lightbend Reactive Architecture learning path teaches development managers, architects, and software developers - how to think about Reactive Systems from design through to production.
- Reactive Architecture: Building Scalable Systems Reactive Architecture: Building Scalable Systems.
- Lightbend Reactive Architecture: Advanced Distributed systems built on Reactive Microservices introduce new challenges and require new tools to meet those challenges. The Lightbend Reactive Architecture: Advanced learning path teaches managers, developers, and architects new techniques to help cope with the realities of distributed architectures. You will learn how the Lightbend Reactive Platform can be used to build the distributed systems of tomorrow.
- Principles of Reactive Architecture Reactive Architecture grew out of a need for software to remain responsive when presented with the unique challenges of the modern world. This course will introduce you to the principles that drive the movement towards Reactive Systems. It will help you to understand why Reactive Architecture is important, and how it can help you build responsive software.
- IBM Cloud Essentials
- Beyond the Basics: Istio and IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service Start managing your microservices with Istio on IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service. This course shows you how to better control traffic to services, observe service health, and secure the service mesh.
- Getting started with Microservices with Istio and IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service Discover how microservices and Istio pair together for cloud-native apps. Learn how Istio and IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service help you securely and seamlessly deploy containers and apps.
- Node-RED: basics to bots In this course, you'll learn how to use the Node-RED flow editor to wire application components together to make a chatbot application.
- statistics 101 Take this course and you won't fail statistics. Welcome to the Statistics 101 course, taught by Murtaza Haider, Associate Professor at Ryerson University. Statistics is one of the most challenging topics to learn, but Murtaza brings a gentle introduction to statistics in practice. Learn about descriptive statistics, variance, probability, correlation, and data visualization.
- IBM Storage and Cloud Essentials
- Watson and Cloud Foundations
- IBM Blockchain Essentials v2
- Confluent Certified Operator for Apache Kafka
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Program
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) Program
- OpenJS Node.js Services Developer (JSNSD)
- OpenJS Node.js Application Developer (JSNAD)
- Certified Hyperledger Sawtooth Administrator (CHSA)
- Certified Hyperledger Fabric Developer (CHFD)
- Certified Hyperledger Fabric Administrator (CHFA)
- Linux Foundation Certified SysAdmin (LFCS)
Certifications I could do but not sure if I should
Certificates of completion
Current Certification Goals
Docker Certified Associate, Kubernetes, Prince 2, Any/All Blockchains
Upwork.com as a hiring manager
I have the ability to find the right talent to solve specific technical problems or manager an online team to complete your project.
Functional Programming, Idris Programming Language, Lojban (spoken, written) human logical language,
Dense YAML is DAML?, how densely can YAML be expressed in an alternative way? Is this still readable and editable?
Dense YAML is DAML
api version apps/v1, kind Deployment
metadata name helloweb, labels app hello
spec> selector matchLabels app hello, tier web
s> template> metadata labels app hello, tier web
t> spec containers> - name hello-app
c> image gcr.io/google-samples/hello-app:1.0
c> ports - containerPort 8080
- name: hello-app
- containerPort: 8080<